Model, blogger and fitness enthusiast Katie Austin is an inspiration to us all as we enter this New Year. 2017 is all about living healthy and happy while loving the skin you’re in! Katie has the New Year, better you mentality- and she’s got a few tips on how to set resolutions and how to stick to them all year round.
Here are some tips and tricks for setting and keeping a great New Year’s resolution:
Most people give up on their New Year’s Resolutions after just a few weeks. But how can you set your resolution, and actually keep with it the whole year?!
1. Keep it simple! Don't try or expect to change a ton. Stick to 1 or 2 goals so you can set your mind to it and stick to it!
2. Make sure the goal you set is realistic! Don't set yourself up for failure if you can't see it fitting practically into your daily lifestyle. With that being said, don't set a goal you are going to dread. Make sure it's realistic for you to also LOVE to do.
3. Plan ahead! Make a plan of how exactly you are going to take action of this goal. And keep a schedule or diary of it all!
4. Attitude is everything! Of course, stay positive throughout this journey, but make sure you also have a very focused and determined mindset. A great way to keep a determined mindset is remembering at all times why you started and wanted to reach these goals.
5. Recognize that you may not reach your ultimate goal right away- And that's okay! Realize that we are all human, so there will be setbacks in 2017, and you will find yourself struggling at times reaching your goals. Just try your absolute best and don't give up on yourself.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring. Here’s a recipe for Katie’s Cauliflower ‘Steak’ Tacos:
What you need: 1 1⁄2 cup cauliflower florets, 1⁄3 cup diced peppers green/red, 1⁄3 cup diced mushrooms, 1/4 cup diced onions, 1⁄2 cup nonfat refried beans, 4 medium sized corn tortillas, 1 avocado, 1 tablespoon olive oil, hot sauce (optional)
• Pick stems off of the cauliflower, and cut into medium sized pieces of cauliflower.
• Once all the veggies are clean and diced, throw all veggies into a pan with the olive oil.
• Sauté on medium heat with a little salt and pepper.
• In another pan, heat the refried beans. (Corn tortilla can be left alone, or heated in microwave for 10 seconds, or heated in a pan for about 50 seconds)
• Put your corn tortillas onto a plate, and spread the refried beans in an even layer on the tortilla.
• Once veggies are completely sautéed (should take about 6-8 minutes) place them evenly on each of the tortillas.
• Top with avocado and hot sauce if you want!
Katie's Top Picks perfect for working out- from gym to swim:
(Product is linked below!)
Be sure to check out Katie Austin's 8 Week Daily Fit Guide here!