Listen up petite ladies! This is Candice Nikeia and she's here to help you find the ideal suit that will compliment your shorter torso and petite frame without overwhelming it. For more tips and tricks from Candice about swimsuits for petite body types check her Fit Specialist Page!
Check out Candice's full Fit Specialist video below for behind the scenes footage from the shoot!
1) What’s a message you were told as a little girl that still sticks with you today?
Be confident in yourself and never give up.
2) Was there every a moment where you had to learn self-love? If so, what did it teach you?
In high school I was bullied. I had to learn to love myself for who I was and when I began to love myself the bulling stopped. This growth taught me that what I think of myself is more powerful than what others think of me.
3) For you, a beautiful person has…
confidence, respect for themselves, passion, and goals.
4) Tell us something about this year that you never want to forget?
The brands I have been able to work with this year have been a dream come true. I was even in a national commercial this month!
5) What was your experience at the Fit Specialist photoshoot?
My experience was enjoyable and I am super grateful for the opportunity. I loved getting to know the other women and I learned so much from them. They all inspire me to be a confident person.
6) How has being a blogger evolved your perception of social media?
I have to remind myself that my worth is not in social media. Even though it is my way of living and my full-time job, if everything was taken away I am still worthy of doing amazing things!
7) Summer is right around the corner, what would constitute a “perfect” summer day for you?
A perfect summer day would be at a beautiful hotel, sitting by the pool with my closets friends, drinking yummy cocktails, and eating great food!
8) For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
Today I am grateful for my family, friends, my health, my studio apartment, and my career growth.
9) Name your top SwimSpot brands and why?
I love VYB because it's simple and chic and Ella Moss because it has the best prints ever!
10) If you could give three tips to someone struggling with body image, what would they be?
•Talk to someone you trust and be honest about your struggles
•Write down 10 things you are grateful for and focus on those things - it will help to keep your mind positive
•Know that everyone has body issues - so never feel alone. Be confident in the fact you are not alone.
@candicenikeia on Instagram