Introducing Katie Arnold! We know finding a suit to balance your shape can be tricky, but Katie is here to help you small-busted babes show off what you've got. For more tips and tricks from Katie about swimsuits for small busts and fuller waists check her Fit Specialist page!
Check out Katie's full Fit Specialist video below for behind the scenes footage from the shoot!
1) Spring is OFFICIALLY here, what swim trend are you most excited about?
I’m most excited about off the off-the-shoulder trend! It’s so stylish and flattering on my body type!
2) What message would you tell your thirteen-year-old self?
I would tell my 13 year old self to relax, take it easy, get outside and soak up the sun and stop comparing yourself to everyone else!
3) You recently got engaged, how did you meet and how did he propose?
Luke and I met at church! He very unexpectedly sat next to me and we hit it off immediately. We got engaged in Maui, only 4 months after meeting. He asked me to marry him on a cliff top overlooking the water (after asking my dad’s permission, of course!)
4) If you weren’t a blogger, what would your dream job be?
If I wasn’t a blogger, my dream job would probably be doing some sort of work for a nonprofit, where I’d get to travel and meet people all over the world and find a way to mobilize the masses to support and care for them in a way that would be truly valuable and life changing.
5) Name someone that encourages you daily and empowers you to be YOU?
My mom is my number 1 encourager. She knows and loves all my quirks and imperfections, and even though she still tries to sneak in gentle constructive criticism from time to time, I never doubt for a minute that she loves and accepts me just as I am!
6) During the Fit Specialist photoshoot, was there a moment that stuck out to you?
I loved when we were asked about self-acceptance and body confidence. It’s so important in this day and age with how prevalent social media is and how easy it is to compare ourselves to unattainable beauty standards.
7) What’s the first thing you look for when shopping for swim?
The first thing I look for when shopping for swim is style, construction and quality.
8) Is there a particular blogger you look up to? If so, why?
I have several bloggers I love, many of whom have become dear friends of mine! Lately, my favorite blogger is @sivanayla. I haven’t met her IRL but her Instagram personality seems so authentic and her content is inspirational without being unattainable!
9) If you were to give a speech on swim shopping, how would you encourage women to get out there and own it?
If I were to give a speech on swim shopping, I would say “You are beautiful just as you are! Imperfections are just a matter of perspective. Focus on what you love about your body and accentuate it, rather than worrying about covering up your “problem” areas. Audrey Hepburn said it best when she said, 'happy girls are the prettiest girls’ and I believe that to be 100% true. I feel more beautiful every day as I work hard at self-acceptance and the light shines brighter from within.”
10) If you had unlimited funds, what would be your next travel destination?
If I had unlimited funds, I would definitely go to Tahiti! It’s such a luxurious destination and the photos I’ve seen are so gorgeous. It would be a DREAM to get to disconnect from my phone and email and experience the beauty of French Polynesia!
For more tips and tricks from Katie for a smaller bust and fuller waist silhouette check out her Fit Specialist page!